Teaser Tuesday

This is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

 •Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 
The Conquest of the Incas So my teaser is from a book I bought today about the Incas called: The Conquest of the Incas.
Here I go:
'The rebellious chiefs had observed that Spaniars were at their most vulnerable during the celebrations of Holy Week. The Carpenter revealed that they planned 'to raise the country in rebellion and kill as many Spaniards as possible during the night of the nex Holy Thursday (1565), at the time when the holy processions are going through the streets.'
 Page 295, Chapter 15


I love everything about the Incas. Their culture is fascinating and the way they ended is tragic beyond account!! I feel as if they and the Mayas are these lost civilisations that were almost superior than ours. I know they weren't (not trying to sound discriminating) but the mystery and mythology surrounding them is just mind-blowing.
 
How about you? What's your teaser??

Comments

  1. Ahh agreed! Their civilization *is* absolutely fascinating! Love your teaser! I'm your newest follower!

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser!! I haven't heard of this one yet. Thank you for sharing!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this era is always fascinating, Great teaser.

    Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts