Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop

BBH is hosted by Crazy-for-Books and FF is hosted by Parajunkee's View,

Book Blogger Hop

This weeks BBH Question:
What book-to-movie adaption have you most liked?  Which have you disliked?

The one I absolutely loved was 'The Lord of the Rings'. It is a typical example of how a director and his scriptwriters looked at a story, analysed and understood it. They understood that the underlying message of the book is one about endurance and friendship. And they translated that to images. 

As I'm writing this I'm watching the end of 'The Handmaid's Tale'. We analysed the book for our English AS-levels and I must say I have the feeling I could've written a better script.They completely messed up the ending, didn't get the Republic of Gilead right at all and changed the relationships between all the people!!! Big disappointment!!

This weeks FF Question:
How many books do you read in a week? And in what format do you read them, or listen to them?

Eeerm, I haven't read a lot in the last couples of weeks, but usually I read about 3/4 books during a week. I finish about one or two of them, start a new one, give up one I don't like, etc. I usually read books in paperback, but since I got my Kindle I have read loads of books on it. With a Kindle it's much easier to read everywhere, because it's that light and has loads of different books on it.

So, how about you? Leave a link behind and I'll hop on over!!! 

Comments

  1. I absolutely love my e-reader too and find it so easy to have a book (or a bunch of books) with me at all times! I'm an old follower hopping through to wish you a great weekend!

    MyFollowFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did do a great job with Lord of the Rings!

    http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you concerning LoTR! LoL, that was actually the movie(s) I listed ^_^

    I find it is easy to bring my hardcopy book around with me all the time. But I'm a book purist *^_^*

    Here's my FF and blog hop: http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/follow-friday-book-blogger-hop.html

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with LOTR, it was my choice too. It was a great example of how to make a very famous book into a great movie. I mix it up between my paper books and my e-books. E-readers are great if it's late at night and you want something new to read.
    Lisa@Cold Moon Violet Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let’s kick off Memorial Day Weekend with some scandal and controversy.

    I absolutely loved every minute of the Lord of the Rings films and felt they hit the mark when they brought Tolkien’s masterpiece to the big screen.
    (ducking as rotten tomatoes are thrown at me as the torches are lit and the pitchforks raised)

    Wait, wait. I can explain! Hop on over to my blog and hear me out – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also loved LOTR. Its one of my favorite movies even though I know quite a few people who were disappointed.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still haven't seen LOTR! I know, I know..I'm nuts.

    xo,
    Lah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts