Waiting on Wednesday

WoW is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine in which you can spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. It is well established that I am terrible at keeping up with releases so I am going to cheat a bit this week and talk about a book I am interested in and want to read soon.

At the moment I am reading a really interesting paper: Acclaiming the Future: A Critical Analysis of the Contemporary Value of High Fantasy Literature. In it, A van der Zee is comparing 'The Lord of the Rings' to Brandon Sanderson's fantasy series 'Mistborn'.
Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)
Mistborn is an epic fantasy trilogy and a heist story of political intrigue, surprises and magical martial-arts action. The saga dares to turn a genre on its head by asking a simple question: What if the hero of prophecy fails? What kind of world results when the Dark Lord is in charge?
I think it sounds really interesting, especially because it challenges the more stereotypical storyline that many modern fantasy novels follow. One of the main reasons I love Star Wars so much (I know, not fantasy) is because the hero is not really a hero. So I am looking forward to this series, even though the novels have been published for years. 


So, how about you? Have you stuck to the rules and found an upcoming release?

Comments

  1. I like challenging against stereotypes too, it feels so fresh and unique! This sure sounds like an interesting fantasy story, hope we won't be waiting long for it! Happy Wednesday :D

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds awesome!

    ~New GFC follower! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of that one! Sounds interesting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sound unique and interesting. Great WOW pick.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting - not sure I see the comparison between the two, but the first Mistborn novel was amazing. The rest of the series wasn't quite as good, but still worth a read.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one does sound very exciting! Thanks for sharing...and check out MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this one. I'm not really big into epic fantasy, but this actually sounds good. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the cover on this one, and it sounds pretty good too...

    Thank you for stopping by my WoW

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...very interesting pick. You have got be interested..and that's a very good thing. LOL ;p And the cover is very eye catching...all the colours..I like it! :D

    Thanks for sharing and stopping My WoW post! 

    Btw...I am a new follower! ;)

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've never heard of this one but i love a good fantasy read. and that is one cool cover.


    our WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. This definitely sounds interesting... and the cover looks pretty :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great! I've heard a little bit about this, and I love fantasy! Now I'm even more interested since it's been compared to Lord of the Rings. Excellent choice. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds interesting - but yes I stuck to the rules...lol

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like an incredibly interesting paper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks interesting. I love fantasy, but epic fantasy is sometimes iffy. I will be checking this one out! Thanks for the great pick! Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one sounds like my kind of read, excellent choice! Thanks for stopping by andChecking out my WoW post :) +New GFC follower!

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’ve never heard of this one but it sounds really good.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never heard of this one! But the synopsis sure is intriguing. Great pick!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is an interesting idea to have the hero fail. Probably a bit more realistic too lol Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This one does sound really interesting. I'll have to check it out.

    My Post

    ~Danica Page @Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like an interesting read. My husband would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohh, sounds awesome! Thank you for sharing :D
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW and for following me. <3 :D
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts