Teaser Tuesday: 'The Man in the Iron Mask' by Dumas

I have some time left before lunch and my last Viking World Lecture so I thought, perfect time for some teasing! Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. This week I finally got myself back into reading shape, sort of, and started reading some of my classics. I simply love the title of this one, 'The Man in the Iron Mask' by Alexandre Dumas. Stupid me had to Google his first name because I wondered about accents and who knew that on the Wiki page for this book they summarize the book's plot into the same line as his name. But I still want to read it, it sounds pretty good! This is the third book in the Three Musketeers' Saga.

"Chevalier! Chevalier!" said Fouquet, giddy with amazement, "whitherare you hurrying me?""Across the gulf into which you were about to fall," replied theBishop of Vannes. "Take hold of my cloak and throw fear aside!""Why did you not tell me that sooner, Aramis? There was a day whenwith one million you could have saved me."
p. 58

I would love to be 'giddy with amazement', it sounds like a lot of fun! It's not quite one sentence but therefore only one teaser! So, how about your teasers? Leave a link in your comment and I'll stop by!


Comments

  1. I loved this classic though I admit I saw it in the movies/tv instead of reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear! Yet another classic I haven't read. Thanks for visiting my teaser and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the language in these historical novels. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am almost certain I've read this before, but it has been a looooong time. Mine is The Hobbit, in prep for the movie: http://eyesandearsblog.blogspot.com/2012/12/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tease! Don't think I know this one, these classic reads are always a struggle for me to read and I was an English major too! I always got one interpretation from the words, but then my professor would have to correct me. :P

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful teaser! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this movie adaption with Leonard DiCaprio.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been a long time since I read The Man in The Iron Mask. I do remember I loved it. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts