Teaser Tuesday - 'The Well of Loneliness' by Radclyffe Hall

TTeIt has been ages since I did a Teaser Tuesday although it's one of my favourite memes! There's nothing I love more than seeing snippets from books because I always want to read more! Anyway, Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading!

This week I'm using a book I've been reading for months now. Sometimes you just encounter a book you really like, but because you seem to always run out of time you never get to finish it. But I sort of like the prolonged happiness of reading this book. It's The Well of Loneliness by Radclyffe Hall. Hall was a fascinating person, I highly recommend Googling her!
'She spoke wildly, scarcely knowing what she said; she only knew that she needed this woman with a need so intense, that worthy or unworthy, Angela was all that counted at the moment.' p.167
I think we can all agree that sounds pretty intense. I don't think I've ever loved anyone that passionately and it sounds rather terrifying if I'm honest! But I do love the way the sentence is completely constructed around wanting Angela. There is literally no way of avoiding her in this sentence.

So, what are you teasing with? Leave a link in the comments and I'll drop by :)

Comments

  1. Interesting insights into the sentence, and definitely passionate. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very intense. I don't think I have ever had a book that I have read over months. It must be good to keep you coming back. My teasers this week are from Carousel Sun by Sharon Lee and Cress by Marissa Meyer. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts