Harry Potter Moment of the Week - Best Spell

There was a Harry Potter meme and yet somehow I never knew about it...I feel like I've committed a crime! Please forgive me, Pottergods. To make up for it, I'm joining in now! It's called Harry Potter Moment of the Week and is hosted by Leah over at Uncorked Thoughts, so hop over there if you want to join!

This week we're picking:

The Best Spell?

Oh God, this is such a hard one because so many of the spells are absolutely amazing! On the one hand I want to be really cheesy and say Expelliarmus because it is such an important spell to the entire series and to the message of the books. I loved Lumos Solem in Philosopher's Stone. Obliviate breaks my heart but is beautiful as well. But the spell that made me really happy was Piertotum Locomotor.



Just the idea of being able to bring these stone statues to "live" to protect the very building from which they come is amazing. And the occasion gave rise to this line, which still makes me cry:
"Hogwarts is threatened! Man the boundaries! Protect us! Do your duty to the school"
Also, McGonagall's excitement at being able to use this spell is adorable. Especially because Molly is just so done with all of this.


Me too, Minerva, me too.

So, what do you think was the best spell? Leave a link in the comments and I'll come and see :)

Comments

  1. Love this scene so much! It always gives me shivers, it's so awesome! And badass, along with McGonagall! :D
    Great pick!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh how did I forget about this one?!?! Agh! It's one of my absolute favourite moments ever and McGonagall is absolutely amazing in the scene. Fantastic choice and thanks for joining us :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this spell!!! Is so amazing and McGonagall's face is the must =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me nothing beats Malfoy as a bouncing ferret. There are definitely people out there I would like to bounce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG That was my favorite part in the movie. It was so great getting to see that scene on the the screen with the statues and McGonagall adding some light-hearted humor there in the battle. Fantastic spell :D Here is my HPMotW. :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts