Harry Potter Moment of the Week - Favourite Hogwarts Ghost

It's Thursday which means it is time for some Harry Potter-related blogging! Harry Potter Moment of the Week is hosted by Leah over at Uncorked Thoughts. This week we're picking our:


Favourite Hogwarts Ghost!

I think my all-time favourite ghost might be Moaning Myrtle. She is, I think, correct me if I'm wrong, the only ghost who is actually crucial to the narrative. I know the Grey Lady is also important in The Deathly Hallows, but Myrtle makes several, amazing, appearances that help Harry and co.

Myrtle is just this perfect mix between sass, angst and madness that is needed to make a perfect ghost. My headcanon is that after Chamber of Secrets she made her peace with what happened to her and realised what a gold mine an abandoned Hogwarts toilet was to scare people in. In my head she has become the main Hogwarts ghost, the one no one knew about before Harry and his crew "set her free" and now she rules the school like no other, sneaking into bath rooms when Triwizard champions are taking baths etc.

So, who's your favourite ghost?

Comments

  1. You know you're right: Moaning Myrtle is THE ghost who has the most impact on the outcome of the HP series! I especially enjoyed how she took to Harry almost instantly and then because of him her secret finally gets revealed :D She's a bit less morose GoF so your theory about her makes sense ^^ Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myrtle was fun but sometimes a bit freaky, and I have to admit I found her annoying often as well. She's still fun and the scene on the gif is absolutely hilarious. :D Still, not my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose has too! I agree that she is so important to the story. The Gray Lady as well, but Myrtle is there through most of the books and ends up being vital to Harry numerous times over. I love your imagined interpretation of what becomes of her :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha I love the gif! I really loved learning about her back story. I thought it was fascinating. Her perving was definitely her best moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awkward moment for Harry when Myrtle turned up in the prefects' bathroom while he was trying to decipher the egg clue, lol. And she was such a vital character in Chamber of Secrets- awesome choice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts