Friday memes and 'Wuthering Heights'

It's the first Friday with me at home and I am very happy to be back in my own room, even when that room is a new room. All my books are here so it's pretty much home to me. I missed blogging during the holiday, to be honest, even though I haven't gone back to it quite as quickly as I probably should've. So let's get on to the memes! Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Billy over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. This week's question is hosted by Elizabeth from Silver's Reviews.

Do you request notifications of new replies when you post a comment on a blog post?
Sometimes I do but, there's a confession on the way so be prepared, all the emails I get afterwards are not replies to my comment but new comments on the post. And sometimes that makes me sad because it feels like other people get so many comments while I'm sitting here trying to interact. And although I know that's pretty childish on my side and I'm also really happy when other people do that well, it tends to lead to me not requesting notifications. Instead, I simply take note of the URL and then visit during the following week to check for a reply or to see where discussions are going! And if it's a blog I visit regularly, I drop by anyway so I don't need to request notifications.

Follow Friday is hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. This week's question was suggested by
Escaping within the Pages and is:
Tell us about a book character you'd trade places with!

That's actually a really hard question. If you think about it, there's not a single book character that doesn't go through troubling times and because, as a reader, you know about them you wouldn't necessarily want to have to live through that. But since there's not a single character without problems I think the playing field is leveled again.

I think in the end I would have to go for Hermione from the Harry Potter books. She is just so willing to help her friends and try to be brave. And yes, at times she's obnoxiously intelligent and pragmatic, forgetting about how life actually works and that not everyone is as clever as her, but she always does it from a good place. And she's awesome. Let's not forget she's the brightest witch from her age!

Now, for two of my favourite memes: Book Beginnings and Friday 56, hosted by Gillion over at Rose city Reader and Freda over at Freda's Voice respectively. I have an undying love for Emily Brontë  which keeps getting stronger and stronger. Hence, I am rereading Wuthering Heights. I am also, daily, almost hourly, reading 'Often Rebuked Yet Always Back Returning'. It is "my"poem and if I could I would make everyone read it. This is your cue to abandon this post and read the poem ;) My copy of Wuthering Heights is the  Pulp! one, which is amazing.



BB:
'1801 - I have just returned from a visit to my landlord - the solitary neighbour that I shall be troubled with. This is certainly a beautiful country! In all England, I do not believe I could have fixed on a situation so completely removed from the stir of society.' p.1
I already love Wuthering Heights, I think it surpasses Jane Eyre, but I love how Emily shows the mind of the first narrator. He shifts from his solitary neighbour to his own life within a line and we know what he's like.

F56:
'I saw they were full of stupid admiration; she is so immeasurably superior to them - to everybody on earth, is she not, Nelly?' p.56
Heathcliff is full of admiration for Cathy, as she is for him, and it is so wrong. I love how this book shows that being blindly in passion and love isn't necessarily a good thing. On the other hand it gives us some of the most beautiful love passages, in my mind.


So, that was my Friday and my life. Leave a link in your comment and I'll drop by! Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

  1. I've not read Wuthering Heights but saw the old film.... I liked that and wonder how similar they really are.
    Happy weekend! I added you to the Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like commenting on other peoples blogs, and I always take note of the people who comment back because they are the bloggers who I am willing to go and make a friendship with. And they are the ones who end up guest posting and such.

    I have read Wuthering Heights, and although plenty people loved that book, including you, it's one of the books I've hated the most in the entirety of my reading. :P But to each his own!

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/09/top-10-things-to-do-when-back-from.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts